Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome to our April Cross Canada Blog Hop.  This month we’re featuring Home Decor projects using fabulous Close to my Heart products.  I used the amazing Claire paper pack and our 6x6 canvas to make an inspirational quote display for my office.

  • This is a circular hop so you can start here and go all the way around
  • If you came from Krista’s “Simply Creating” blog, then you are going in the right direction!
  • And if you want to follow us from coast to coast, then please start at the beginning with Michelle S.’s blog “My Creation With Michelle”.  The complete blog list is also found here if you get lost along the way.  
***************
My Project:  Inspirational 6x6 Canvas using Claire papers
I have been on a personal journey to lose weight and get healthy – both in my body and my mind.  I am happy to say that, with help from Weight Watchers, the support and encouragement of my family, and my own determination, I have lost 25 pounds so far and am well on my way to my goal.  And I feel GREAT!

Along my journey, I found Bob Harper.  I have always liked “The Biggest Loser” but was never a regular watcher.  As part of my weight loss, I started doing Biggest Loser exercise DVDs, including “Weight Lose Yoga”.  Bob was the instructor.  He is encouraging without being condescending, motivating without being nasty.  Since finding him, I have learned more about Bob and his philosophies.  And I found this quote that I love: "Believe in yourself.  Trust the process.  Change forever.”   It touched me in such a way that I knew I needed to build it into my environment.


Bob Harper's words keep me going and make me feel like I'm on the right track.

That’s why I chose this quote for my Home Décor project.  I wanted to create something simple and impactful.  The Claire papers were the perfect colours and the 6x6 canvas was the perfect size.  I love how the hot air balloon just adds a touch of inspiration and hope, helping me to really connect with the quote and more importantly, the message behind it.  I've placed it in my office, right next to my desk and under my calendar, so I see it every day.

Products used:
  • Claire paper pack
  • Clear Sparkles
  • Art Philosophy and Artiste cartridge
  • Cranberry pigment ink
  • Trinity Esize stamp
  • Outdoor Denim ribbon
  • Small paper flowers (not CTMH)

***************
What do you think of my project?  Please take the time to leave comments on this post, and other posts as you hop along.  We love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see.

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Michelle M.’s “Twirl ‘n’ Time” blog. 

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again in May when we will be featuring projects on Canvas.

15 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Biggest Loser Fan, so this is just awesome, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job and your story is so inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project, Sheri! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! the paper pack works wonderful with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable canvas! Congratulations on your success on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Project! I really like the Claire Papers for this. Wishing you continued success in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I really like the colours you chose and your layout on the canvas.
    Congrats on the weight loss as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the canvas, and the quote - great words to live by. Congrats on your healthier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quote and how you made it..... Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea, I have so many quotes that inspire me and never thought to do this!
    Clare
    http://artsyclare.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive