Friday, April 11, 2014
I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the reason I first went looking for a business opportunity was so that I could stay home with my young family.  CTMH has provided that outlet for me:

  • It's something that I love to do:  scrapbooking, cardmaking, being creative.
  • It's something that I'm good at -- I have fallen in love with teaching others.
  • I get discounts on my addiction, um, I mean hobby!  (Wink, wink.)
These are all great things.  But when it comes to the bottom line, does this business allow my to stay at home without putting my family at risk?  Can I still put a roof over our head and keep food on the table?

I'll be very honest here.  Right now, CTMH does not replace my corporate salary.  But I never thought it would.  I have worked hard and built my business, and I AM able to contribute to my family's finances in a meaningful way.  I pay for my cleaning lady, who comes in twice a month.  I pay for my son's orthodontics.  I contribute to family vacations and other special occasions.  It's not a big deal, but it helps.

And just as importantly, I'm happy.  Yes, I could go back downtown and re-join the agency world (I work in advertising), but I wouldn't be happy.  I wouldn't be as relaxed.  I wouldn't be here when my kids need me.  So while money matters, it isn't everything.  And right now, I can't imagine doing anything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive