Friday, December 5, 2014
A few years ago, I found this idea somewhere on the Internet.  It's so super cute and a great way to give a little gift with big impact.

Let me "bake" you up some sock cupcakes.  It's so easy and can work with any kind of socks -- fuzzy, festive, expensive or affordable.

Start with a pair of socks and a cupcake wrapper.  I love that with the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge, I can cut a cupcake wrapper out of any paper I want, any size I want.



Roll up the socks and tie them with some ribbon or twine.  I prefer to put the twine close to the bottom, so I can play with the "rolls", fluff them up, layer them and give them more of a cupcake shape.



Then simply insert them in the cupcake wrapper and embellish.  I like to use red pompoms to create a "cherry" on top.  The "Cutie Pie" Stamp of the Month is perfect for creating the SWEETEST tags to go with these cupcakes.



I find that fuzzy socks work the best.  They're nice and plump and you can even get them from the dollar store.  For this one, I used Snowhaven paper and added some candy striped buttons.



But the work socks turned out well too!  Great for the men in your life, like your sons, hubby or even a male teacher!  With this one, I used the cupcake stamp to stamp on the wrapper too, doodled with a gold metallic pen and added shine to the cherries with Liquid Glass.



If you want, place the sock cupcake into a clear plastic treat bag and tie with a ribbon to keep it all together.  What a sweet gift!


Want to make these for yourself?  Email me at justscrapit.ctmh@gmail.com to get your CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge ... and you'll get the "Cutie Pie" stamp of the month for just $5 more!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant!! My fave is the sock monkey/work sock one :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Never thought of the monkey. There is a sock monkey diecut on Artfully Sent! Might have to come up with something using that! Thx friend!

      Delete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.