Friday, June 5, 2015
Close to my Heart isn’t just about scrapbooking.  You can create some beautiful items for your home – they may just be beautiful pieces of art, or they may be “display” memory keeping, or BOTH!  That’s what the Team Brae-er’s June Blog Hop is all about.  Take a hop through our posts and see how my fellow CTMH consultants have taken our products and used them to decorate our homes!

ABOUT THE HOP
·         This is a circular hop so you can start here and go all the way around.
·         If you came from Darcel's blog, then you are going in the right direction.
·         Visit Brae’s “The Brae-er” blog  for the complete blog list if you get lost along the way. 


HERE'S MY PROJECT: Later Sk8r Display Tray


Our Black Display Tray and Picture My Life Cards go together so well.  They were just the colours I wanted to create a home décor memory keeping piece about my son Charlie – and because the 4x3 cards fit perfectly in the 4x3 display boxes, it went together so easily.

I then used larger 4x6 cards and larger photos to create focal points on the corners.  I attached these over top of the tray using Liquid Glass.

And then I embellished – shimmer trim, washi tape and white enamel stars were just the thing to add some pizzazz to this display tray.

I have a large wall going down the stairs and into my craft room in my home.  It is filled with family photos and this tray will be an amazing addition to that collection.


** Funny story!  I had this artwork on display at a vendor show I worked recently.  A little boy in a Superman t-shirt (complete with cape) stopped dead in front of it.  He pointed to the lightning bolt and said to his mom, “Look!  It’s the Flash!”.  My hubby and kids are huge Marvel fans, so this was a really appropriate comment.  It made me giggle. **

KEEP HOPPING & LEAVE COMMENTS, PLEASE!
Your next stop on this GET IT BEFORE IT’S GONE Blog Hop is Nicky's blog.

Please take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our crafty readers ....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see.


Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, paper and techniques seen along the way.  And come back next month when we’ll be sharing some FUN summer projects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive